TRAVEL GRANTS FOR FACULTY AND THEIR STUDENTS
Eligible faculty can apply for Travel Grants in the amount of $1,000 maximum for virtual events and $2,000 maximum for in-person events. Faculty can include students in their budget request.
March 15, 2022 for travel from May 1, 2022 – October 31, 2022
September 15, 2022 for travel from November 1, 2022 – April 30, 2023
FUNDING OPPORTUNITY DESCRIPTION
This funding opportunity announcement issued by OK-INBRE solicits applications for faculty professional development through travel to attend regional or national research and/or educational conferences to present scholarly works related to the biomedical and human health and disease missions of the NIH and OK-INBRE. Educational meetings must be related to enhancing knowledge and or best practices in a STEM discipline. The conference activities must be related to the mission of NIH and OK-INBRE. Students are highly encouraged to attend.
Faculty that are employed full-time at one of the following Oklahoma institutions are eligible: Cameron University, East Central University, Langston University, Northeastern State University, Northwestern Oklahoma State University, Oklahoma Panhandle State University, Rogers State University, Southeastern Oklahoma State University, Southwestern Oklahoma State University, the University of Central Oklahoma, University of Science and Arts of Oklahoma, Oklahoma City Community College, Tulsa Community College, Redlands Community College or College of the Muscogee Nation.
- For in-person events, at least one member of the traveling party must be presenting at the meeting (poster or oral presentation).
- Only one travel award can be granted to any single individual in a single grant year (grant year period is May 1st – April 30th). Travel will be counted in the grant year during which the travel occurs. For example, an application in March for travel in May will be counted as an award in the year beginning in May when the travel occurred.
- Students can be supported by the Travel Grant to attend the conference, virtually or in-person, along with the faculty mentor. Combined faculty and student costs to attend a conference cannot exceed the maximum budget allowance ($1,000 for virtual events and $2,000 for in-person events).
- OK-INBRE travel grants may be used to supplement other travel funds.
- If the conference is cancelled or the awardee is unable to attend, the travel grant is not transferrable to another event. However, application can be made for the next round of travel grants.
Please submit the following in SINGLE PDF FORMAT to the OK-INBRE Program Manager, Ms. Dawn Hammon, at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on the relevant deadline date.
- Cover Page containing the following:
- Name, institution and all contact information
- Application deadline for which you are applying
- Conference name, location, dates and website
- Title of research paper, presentation or exhibition
- Names of students attending
- Biosketch in current NIH format
- Meeting and professional development information:
- Title and abstract of presentation (if applicable) – 1 page maximum
- A description of how the research is related to human health and disease (for research conference). Student conferences such as NCUR do not require this description.
- How the conference will enhance your career (and your students if included in budget) and how it will impact your future research and/or educational activities at your home campus
BUDGET AND ALLOWABLE EXPENSES
Maximum award is $1,000 for virtual events and $2,000 for travel to an in-person event. Students are highly encouraged to attend virtual or in person events. Combined costs for the faculty mentor and students cannot exceed the maximum award limits.
- Airfare, airport parking and mileage to/from the airport
- Conference registration
- Transportation (taxi, uber, etc.)
- Meal reimbursement
- Checked baggage for one bag
NOTE: Funds may not be used for membership fees unless membership fees are included as part of registration costs. If there is an option to register without membership, that option must be selected.
A brief progress report of the travel will be required including a description of participation at the conference, a copy of the poster or slides from your talk and any pictures you want to share. Awardees will be notified by the OK-INBRE office regarding report deadlines.
Questions about grant administration should be addressed to Dawn Hammon at email@example.com.